Sunday 22 April 2012

Burning Force (Genesis / Mega Drive)

While Space Harrier may get the lions share of attention among arcade shooters where the camera is behind your character, and everything is scrolling forward, there are a number of other games out there that also do this.  One such example would be Namco's Burning Force, where you played as a young female cadet that drove around on a futuristic motorcycle that could be converted into a jet.  The big draw for me with this game was heavy anime art usage throughout.  In a time when anime was hard to come by in my neck of the woods I had to take what I could get.  >_<

Burning Force Title Screen
Starting the first area in Burning Force
Blowing up some badguys
The game tells you where bosses' weak spots are
I've got a jet now!
Killing the first boss in Burning Force
Burning Force Bonus Stage
The first part of the second area (Day 2)
A worm-like mid boss in Burning Force
The third area of the game

No comments:

Post a Comment