Wednesday 25 April 2012

Golden Axe (Genesis / Mega Drive)

Wow, not a single newish game posted today.  It's been a week or so since I've done that, so I guess it's about time for a full-on retro day.  Anywho, I'll just close out today with some screens from Golden Axe.  It was one of my favorite beat 'em ups to play with friends in the arcade, and it was a ton of fun to play when the home version came along on the Genesis.  As you can see by the screenshots, I'm rather fond of the dwarf.  Who's your favorite character to play as in Golden Axe?

Golden Axe title screen
Character selection screen for Golden Axe
Dwarf tossing a bad guy
Behold the power of lightning
Maps are extremely useful when going on an adventure!
That bad buy sure has a lot of armor
Scary shadow bad guys

No comments:

Post a Comment