Friday 20 April 2012

Side Arms: Hyper Dyne (TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine)

One day as a kid on a shopping trip to the local mall with my family, I wandered into the arcade there to see what games they had, and there was one that really stood out to me: Side Arms.  This was when Robotech was being aired in the West, and I was absolutely hooked on giant robots and Veritech Fighters, so, seeing a game where you could play as a plane that turned into a robot just blew my mind.  The game also had really cool power-ups, and it was possible to combine your robot with another to become a super robot.  Amazing!  So, when I found out the game was coming to the TG-16, I ran out and got it.  A tough shoot 'em up, and probably nowhere near as good as a lot of other entries in the genre, but I loved the game. =)

Side Arms Hyper Dyne Title Screen
Spreadshot is extremely useful
There's a lot of this type of enemy in the game
Blowing up an enemy in Side Arms
Just combined into a super robot
You're a beast in super robot form
First boss in Side Arms
Second level of Side Arms

No comments:

Post a Comment